Stramit Building Products - A member of the Fletcher Building Group sits alongside trusted names in the building and construction industry including Laminex, Tradelink, Iplex Pipelines and Fletcher Insulation.
Stramit manufactures and delivers quality rolled formed steel into residential, commercial and industrial construction projects. We also design and manufacture a leading range of retail and agricultural steel solutions. Stramit only use the highest-grade Australian steel, we have major manufacturing and distribution facilities across Australia supported by cutting edge product development and R+D.
Operating in Australia for over 100 years – we are backed by a global giant.
You will play a vital role in the safety, efficiency and profitability of our Queensland operation. As the Sales Manager - Commercial you will be responsible for managing a team of 8 sales professionals covering a significant portfolio of existing customers. Your role will be to coach, mentor and upskill staff while driving organic uplift in accounts and new business wins. The target sectors for this position include projects and major builders focused on commercial and government construction.
Our business is fast moving and customer focused, we design and build everything to detailed customer specification and pride ourselves on service and quality. We are currently experiencing a surge in demand and you will contribute to the ongoing growth of the business.
Your responsibilities will involve:
• Developing sales capability across the team and across the region
• Complex commercial negotiation, pricing strategy and margin analysis
• Working cross-functionally to bring harmony to our service offering and outperform customer expectations
• Capturing growth opportunities and harnessing our strong market presence in the commercial building sector
• Demonstrated experience in sales leadership with large team covering a large geography
• Proactive, creative, innovative and hands-on
• Proven ability to engage, empower and influence across all levels
• Commercially astute with strong data analysis skills
• Building products or construction experience preferred but not essential
What’s in it for you?
• Flexibility, working from home or the office or both are encouraged
• Career progression opportunities within Stramit or the wider Fletcher Building organisation
• Strong support from national sales teams with Australian manufacturing and distribution
• Employee Discounts – Access a range of benefits including health, optical, IT, Sports
• FBuShare – a share scheme allowing you to feel ownership of the business
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.
Please note: Our recruitment process will include a video & phone screen and a formal interview. The successful candidates also will be required to undergo a medical and drug / alcohol assessment and will be able to demonstrate unlimited working rights in Australia.