Fletcher Building is a leading building solutions organisation that employs over 16,000 people across New Zealand, Australia, and the South Pacific. We manufacture building products, operate retail businesses that distribute these products, and build homes, buildings, and infrastructure that create communities, improve productivity, and contribute to the quality of life for people living and working in cities and regions across our markets.
Humes is the largest pipeline systems supplier in New Zealand and a very successful business unit within the wider Fletcher Building Group. We externally source and distribute a range of products of various materials, and also manufacture a range of concrete pipe and precast structures for the infrastructure, drain layer and rural markets. Humes operate seven manufacturing operations and 23 sales centres throughout New Zealand.
About the role
We are seeking an enthusiastic and friendly person to join our Takanini branch. We are looking for someone with exceptional sales and customer service skills who is a self-starter with a positive attitude.
This is a hands-on role with key responsibilities that include:
- Providing exceptional customer service to our customers whether it be face to face, over the phone, email or working alongside our account managers on project specific jobs
- Providing guidance, advice and expertise to our customers about our products
- Coordinating our customer deliveries, processing and dispatching
- Stock control, replenishing shelves
- Health and safety
- Loading and unloading products including forklift operation (full training provided)
About the benefits
- Competitive salary and in many cases incentive programmes to reward great performance
- Great employee benefits including staff discounts and the Employee Education Fund (EEF) which supports individual studies and their families
- A variety of health, wellbeing, safety and family programmes which benefit our people
You will be a customer service and sales superstar, well versed in dealing with customers face-to-face and being an expert on your product.
You will also:
- Be computer literate
- Preferably have a civil background and/or drain laying experience
- Have a positive attitude and take pride in delivering high quality work
- Be health and safety focused
- Be reliable with a strong work ethic and be an excellent team player
- Be solution focused with good problem-solving skills
A forklift license is advantageous, however full training can be provided.