Rocla – A member of the Fletcher Building group is a leading Australian supplier of concrete solutions to the building and construction industry. We merged with our sister company Iplex Pipelines in 2018 and together we are one of the largest Australian suppliers of pipes, fittings and civil infrastructure solutions with a combined 176 years’ of experience and a national footprint that can manufacture and distribute in all states.
We are seeking a dynamic Sales and Operations Supervisor to join our well-established Mackay team. Working on driving sales and managing our Rocla site to ensure safe and efficient distribution of products across Far North Queensland.
The responsibilities of this position will include but are not limited to:
- Undertaking new business development activities to attract new customers within your region;
- Maintaining quotes in our JDE system to ensure system requirements are met;
- Working collaboratively with both internal and external stakeholders to further grow Rocla customer base and reputation your region;
- Create sales call cycles, manage and update CRM systems providing optimum service to your clients;
- Ensure safe operation of Mackay storage yard;
- Manage stock and inventory for the site;
- Provide relevant sales and operational reporting.
This position calls for an experienced leader who shows both business development and account management skills coupled with the understanding of site management and safety. With a solid understanding of the concrete or heavy construction field, you will be comfortable engaging in technical conversations with both internal and external stakeholders. The successful candidate will be a master at unravelling customer’s needs, while forward planning and providing support to all functions across the Mackay Site.
You will be a team focused, results driven and customer centric individual with previous staff management experience and industry knowledge being highly regarded. As a positive individual you will be capable of developing genuine long term relationships with key customers and understand that our business is about adding value to our customers business and helping them to succeed. You will also be able to quickly relate to the Fletcher Building values and understand that these guide us on a daily basis.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.