Humes is a company that has been built on the principals of innovation, manufacturing expertise, quality and building a team of capable people who are proud to serve our customers across all markets we participate in. We are a standalone business unit and sit within the Building Products division of the Fletcher Building Group.
We have a diverse, flexible and open culture with the resourcefulness of the Kiwi spirit transcending the entire organisation making everyone an agent of change in their work and community
We have an opportunity for a skilled Yardhand to join our Mt Wellington Humes site. We are looking for someone with the ability to take the lead and keep things moving in a safe, orderly fashion. If you have worked in yard position previously, and want a real opportunity to grow, we want to speak with you!
Key responsibilities of these roles include:
• Loading and unloading using Fork hoist
• Accounting for loads
• Ensuring the yard is kept clean, safe and tidy
Sales and Service with Customers where necessary – an opportunity to grow in this role
• Opportunity to work in a stable business with established relationships
• Great team culture
• Develop your career in a Sales and Service Environment, Career Progression!
What you need:
• Fork hoist experience; F endorsement is not essential
• Health and Safety awareness is a must!
• Flexibility to work extra hours when required.
To join our team we will require pre-employment medical testing and we have a zero tolerance to drug & alcohol influence in the workplace. We will conduct pre-employment criminal history clearance. Please only apply if you are legally entitled to work in New Zealand.
So what are you waiting for? If you believe you can take this role on and be a big part of an inclusive, diverse and fun loving team then apply now!