Higgins (Fiji) Limited is part of the Higgins Group, a dynamic and diversified New Zealand company which provides specialist services in the design, construction and maintenance of roads and infrastructure throughout New Zealand.
Higgins was awarded a road maintenance contract by the Fijian government in 2012 and has since established its Fiji operation in Nadi. It now seeks to appoint an experienced and qualified Asphalt/Sealing Supervisor to join the team and make a real contribution to their continuing success.
Based in Nadi, this role will be responsible for planning and supervising the safe day to day activities of our programmed asphalt/sealing activities.
- Supervision of asphalt/sealing activities ensuring allocated work is delivered in accordance with the programme, meeting quality and time requirements
- Leading by example and cultivating a positive work environment where your team are committed and take ownership to achieve high performance
- Ensuring day to day operations meet safety and compliance requirements
- Building strong relationships with staff, the client and the community
Skills & Experience
- Can demonstrate experience in a similar role in New Zealand and if possible, the Pacific
- Strong knowledge of QA, H&S and environmental requirements for road maintenance and construction
- Technical experience in planning and delivering a variety of asphalt and compaction methodologies
- Minimum Class 2 drivers licence with W.T.R. endorsements
- Strong communication skills and the ability to lead teams and train members
- Excellent organisational and self-management skills
- High degree of maturity, initiative, integrity, sound judgment, and strong leadership/supervisory aptitude is highly desired
What we offer
- Competitive remuneration package
- Benefits package including flights, accommodation, medical and assistance for dependents if required
- Part of the Fletcher Building Group which provides access to the Fletcher Benefits Programme, and unrivalled career opportunities in a Group comprising of 33 businesses, across 40 different countries.
The ability to work legally in New Zealand or Fiji through citizenship, permanent residency or a work permit is also required.
How to Apply
Please apply online with your CV