We are looking for a Senior Design Engineer to join our committed Engineering Services team. You will be responsible for designing and detailing complex temporary works, providing engineering input and solutions as well as devising and developing construction methodologies for structures and surface works. You will enjoy the challenge of working with large pre-stressed concrete bridge elements and non-routine sub structure elements where lateral thinking and innovation is required.
Responsibilities will include:
· Carrying out structural analysis, design and documentation (preliminary and detailed).
· Ensuring all engineering designs comply with relevant standards, regulations and codes of practice.
· Performing peer reviews of temporary works designs prepared by other engineers, specifying inspection and testing requirements for temporary works fabrication and installation.
· Inspecting temporary works on site and assisting the project team with the preparation of construction plans as well as high level overview as required.
This role is ideally suited to someone with circa 8 years + of post graduate experience, with a strong design background (5 years +). Preferably you had exposure to civil infrastructure and ideally you will have heavy civil structures and temp works experience. You are the type of person with a focus on creative and innovative design solutions.
· BE Civil or equivalent, preferably CP Eng.
· Competent leader, capable of working autonomously and collaboratively, building and maintaining relationships to achieve business outcomes.
· Display a commitment to zero harm culture.
· Access to training & development opportunities across Fletcher Building.
· Work for one of New Zealand’s most well-known and respected brands!
· Enjoy the benefits that come with being a part of the Fletcher Group.
The Fletcher Construction Company is a leading general contractor, delivering a wide range of projects. We’re helping build a better New Zealand by enhancing and extending the transport infrastructure, remediating the environment and improving the full range of utilities including energy and the three waters.
To apply for this role or to see the full range of opportunities available at Fletcher Building, visit fbcareers.com and quote reference FCC/10029638. To learn more about our company go to fletcherconstruction.co.nz.