At Fletcher Building, we are committed to attracting the best talent, developing the capability of our people, and creating highly engaged and high performing teams who deliver great results for our customers. Our people are guided by our values – Be Bold, Play Fair, Better Every Day, Customer Leading, and Better Together – which helps us create the kind of workplace that delivers great results, in the right way. In Australia, we are made up of brands such as Stramit Building Products, Laminex, and Tradelink, among others. There has never been a better time to join the Fletcher Building family where our people are proud to say, “We made IT”.
About the opportunity
We have a new opportunity for a Database Administrator to join our Digital Services Team based in Brisbane. As a Senior Oracle DBA, you will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, and maintenance of critical Oracle RDBMS systems. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills. You will also:
- Ensure the availability and consistent performance of our applications.
- Provide Level 2/3 technical support for the development, implementation, and maintenance of various application databases.
- Implement and maintain policies and procedures to ensure database security and integrity.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Ensure optimal backup procedures are in place for all application databases.
To make it here, we are looking for people who thrive working in a team environment, passionate about performance, put the customer first, and are always thinking about innovative ways to solve business and customer needs. This is not an entry-level role so we are looking for someone with at least 10 years previous experience in a similar capacity. For this role, we are also looking for:
- Previous working knowledge of RAC databases (preferably Exadata)
- Container and pluggable databases
- Extensive performance tuning experience
- Active Data Guard
- Oracle Enterprise Manager (Cloud Control)
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity
- Flexible, team player, “get-it-done” mentality
- High attention to detail
Working here gives you the opportunity to be part of a high-performing team that is passionate about learning and development so that we can better support our customers. Check out this article to find more about us > http://bit.ly/FBGTTransformation