We are seeking an experienced Surveyor to join our team who can make a real contribution to the surveying capability of our Bay of Plenty contracting operation.
Based out of our Mount Maunganui branch and working with our existing Surveyor, you will be involved in a range of construction projects which will provide significant improvements for the local community.
- Set-out and as-built surveying.
- Ensure accuracy and provide quality assurance of survey data including maintenance and checking of survey equipment.
- Ability to work with construction drawings and be able to produce setting out data using CAD to transfer accurate set out onto site.
- Regular reporting of progress and construction issues to the Construction Manager and assisting in the preparation of formal reports.
Required Skills & Experience:
- You are an established, competent Surveyor who is ready to take the next step in their career.
- 5+ years of relevant New Zealand experience.
- Prior experience setting out and surveying civil works.
- Understanding of Trimble Business Centre software would be advantageous.
- Strong ability to work collaboratively.
- A Licensed Cadastral Surveyor qualification would be preferred but not essential.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Thrives working in an autonomous role that requires high levels of initiative and self-management.
- Relevant surveying qualification
What we offer:
- Competitive salary package
- Ongoing training and development
- Fletcher Benefits programme – includes access to funding to further your education, share scheme and discounted health insurance
- A chance to join a great team with a great culture
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. Many people have built great careers with Higgins over the last 60 years. As a member of the Higgins Green Team that opportunity is open to you as we work, grow and have fun together building tomorrows New Zealand.
You have an opportunity to become a part of a leading civil infrastructure company in New Zealand, as well as the wider Fletcher Building Group.
If all of the above sounds like a bit of you, please apply online with your CV.
Please note only applicants entitled to work in NZ will be considered.