Due to a growing forward workload, we are seeking a Superintendent to join our Auckland based project team. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced leader with at least 10 years construction experience to work on a range of projects across Auckland.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Manage Construction activities to ensure that standards of quality, cost, safety and performance are observed and that deadlines are met
- Participate in the development of short and long term construction plans
- Develop and maintain successful relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Monitor the workload and progress of subordinates to ensure most effective use of resources and to determine any changes required in numbers to achieve present and future project objectives
- Responsible for the control of project procurement and approval of purchasing
- Relevant Trade Certificate(s) or degree
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in construction
- Demonstrated management and leadership experience, including direct line supervision of large construction work teams
- Experience working in a QA environment.
- Knowledge of Safety, Human Resources and general management concepts
- Ability to schedule and plan work activities
- Demonstrated ability to meet productivity targets
- Commitment to coaching and mentoring
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
Brian Perry Civil is a leading and award-winning New Zealand contractor. As part of the overall Fletcher Building Group, we undertake a wide range of civil construction projects throughout New Zealand and the South Pacific with specialities including foundation and piling works.
Make a difference to our business and advance your career. At Brian Perry Civil you will enjoy the benefits and recognition of working for a well-respected business unit within the Fletcher Building Group. Along with a competitive remuneration package, this opportunity will be an ideal platform for high performers to be ‘seen’ within the group. If this sounds like the next step for your career, please click ‘Apply Now’.
Whilst you can still apply for this role, please note it’s not actively being recruited due to the control measures in place to stop the spread of Covid-19. However as soon as recruitment resumes, we’ll be in touch