As the Local Authority Road Maintenance Supervisor your role will be to plan and supervise the safe, successful day to day activities of the Road Maintenance Crews while continuously improving our service to build on the Higgins brand within the industry and the community.
You will lead the delivery of work in a profitable and efficient manner whilst complying with all appropriate legislation/standards, company policies and procedures and industry best practice.
As a strong communicator, you will be someone who is pro-active with excellent problem-solving abilities and a safety focussed mindset
If you are looking for your next opportunity, then this is what we think you will need to be successful in this role:
• Experience within road maintenance (to Supervisor level)
• Problem solving skills in relation to road construction
• Ability to train and empower your staff
• Experience in cost management regarding material and labour requirements to achieve production
• Strong focus on health and safety not only for yourself, your team but also the public
• Self-motivated with a focus on excellence and continuous improvement
• Ability to cope with change and be able to think on your feet
We are a leader in roading and infrastructure, across NZ and the South Pacific. With strong growth potential we have all the benefits of a large organisation, with the heart of a smaller close-knit, values-based business.
Higgins is a proud member of the Fletcher Building group of companies. We offer a competitive salary, Employee Welfare Fund, Share Scheme and an Employee Education Fund to help you and your family reach educational aspirations.
This is a great time to be joining us we are excited by the opportunities and investment in the industry and need someone who is just as excited to get involved and bring our Teams on the journey