Iplex Pipelines – A member of the Fletcher Building group was established in Australia in 1938 and over the past eight decades has grown to become a recognised leader in the supply of pipeline products to the water and gas industries. We merged with our sister company Rocla in 2018 and together we are one of the largest Australian suppliers of pipes, fittings and civil infrastructure solutions with a combined 176 years’ of experience and a national footprint that can manufacture and distribute in all states.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Team Leader (Afternoon Shift) at our Craigieburn distribution site. In this role you will lead a team to provide a high level delivery service to achieve DIFOT and ultimately a great customer experience with Iplex.
You will be a part of a close-knit and supportive team. This is a hands-on supervisory role, requiring a combination of line management activities, and technical skill application. Whilst ensuring a committed approach to Health & Safety.
This is an afternoon shift position Monday to Friday 3pm – 12am
In this role you will:
- Be strong in the leadership of your team to provide safe, orderly, and efficient picking and loading processes to ensure on time dispatch of delivery vehicles. This includes the management of personnel, equipment and tasks associated with these operations.
- This is a “hands on” role that will require a combination of line management and “day to day” tasks, in which you will work closely with your team members to set up orderly and efficient work streams to share and meet the challenges of each delivery day.
- Most critically, this includes load restraint and Chain of Responsibility (COR) requirements.
- You will also be required to establish and maintain positive working relationships with internal customers, from our manufacturing, sales, planning and inventory teams, and assist with effectively resolving any concerns.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- A proven track record in a leadership role within the Logistics industry.
- Flexibility, adaptability and experience within a fast paced working environment.
- Excellent safety leadership, and commitment to instilling these values in your team
- Exceptional time management skills, sense of urgency and the ability to prioritise effectively.
- You’ll be a strong people leader with an engaging and contemporary style.
- Solid attention to detail and results focused.
- Good computer literacy – JD Edwards experience preferred but not necessary.
Together we are part of Fletcher Building, Australasia’s largest building materials supplier. We manufacture building products; from insulation that keeps homes warm and dry, to cement, the foundation of built structures the world over. We operate retail businesses that distribute these products and many more to tradespeople right across the Tasman.
We employ 5,500 people across our Australian division; we know that our people are our greatest asset and as we continue to promote engaged and effective teams who deliver exceptional results for our customers, we are guided by our five core values - customer leading, play fair, better every day, be bold, and better together.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.
How to apply
Interested in joining the Fletcher Building family? Please click the ‘Apply’ button below.
Agencies please note: This recruitment assignment is being managed directly by our Fletcher Building Talent Acquisition team. We will certainly reach out to our external partners if we require additional talent options. Your respect for this process is appreciated.