PlaceMakers is a dynamic, interesting and fast paced environment to work in. We also happen to be one of New Zealand's leading and largest suppliers of building materials and a very successful business unit within the wider Fletcher Building Group.
If you love working in a fast paced team environment with lots of variety then this could be for you!
As Trade Customer Service Assistant, you’ll be part of our vital front line team at our Kapiti and Levin branches and will be responsible for delivering excellent service to our customers when they come through our yard and trade store. Your energetic, outgoing nature and eye for detail will help you to ensure that our customers are receiving prompt, efficient service and sound advice while keeping safety at the forefront. Work schedule is 5 days per week which includes 1 weekend day.
You will be dealing with our building and trade customer base, your key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting customers within the trade store and yard, providing product advice
- Processing customer orders and transactions
- Picking orders, monitoring inventory and stock takes
- Loading of goods on to customer vehicles and assisting with dispatch
- Assisting in other areas of the branch as required
We are after someone who:
- Is outgoing and friendly and ideally with previous customer service experience
- Has the ability to work independently but also enjoys being part of an enthusiastic team
- Is physically fit as medium to heavy lifting is required
- Experience in the building industry would be desirable but more importantly, what we are looking for is a willingness and genuine desire to learn
- Full Driver’s licence required, F-endorsement is a bonus!
What's in it for you?
This fantastic job opportunity comes with the incredible lifestyle the beautiful Kapiti Coast can offer. It's a place where you can relax and enjoy real kiwi experiences while being surrounded by amazing nature and unspoilt beaches. If you're committed to work hard and have the willingness to learn, you're in good hands with PlaceMakers! The successful candidate will start on good wages and we offer plenty of opportunity to develop and grow a career, along with a positive and safe working environment. You will also have access to the benefits of being part of the wider Fletcher Building group.
Apply now and together, let's build New Zealand!
Please note - A pre-employment medical/drug assessment is required. Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.