Help us build New Zealand! PlaceMakers is New Zealand’s leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s commercial and residential construction markets. We employ more than 2,100 people in over 60 locations across the country and stock more than 100,000 product lines from concrete to paint and plasterboard.
This is a newly created role for an experienced people leader and advocate of operational excellence to step in to this prime position in our Pakuranga Branch.
- Your role will lead business and process improvements in the Showroom, Drive Thru and Yard areas as well as Inventory & Dispatch. Your role will champion flawless operational execution and fantastic customer service through these areas. It will also be responsible for H&S and employee development and you will act as the branch 2IC.
- In order to be better every day, you will be involved in strategic decisions as well as the development and implementation of improved policies and procedures.
- We will be looking to you to keep the site operating at a high standard and ensuring customer satisfaction and levels of service remain an area of priority at all times. As such, training and development is and will remain critical to ensure standards are met and exceeded.
- You will work with an experienced team of 17 of which 3 will be direct reports and you will have the freedom to implement new ideas and modify existing practices.
- We are looking for an individual who is highly self-motivated and customer focused and you will have a proven track record of meeting & exceeding operational goals and KPI’s.
- In order to achieve this you will have 4-5 years experience in people management with the ability to engage your teams to continually improve.
- Your ability to build collaborative partnerships internally and externally will be a key strength you will be able to leverage this from day one.
- You will need the ability to identify opportunities and you will be the sort of person who is continually looking for efficiencies or opportunities to improve existing processes and work methodologies.
- If you are a high performing operational specialist who wants to really test your skills, this role is for you!
Roles like this are a springboard into other key opportunities within the organisation which we typically promote from within. So if you are looking for an opportunity and a company which can provide you with an exciting future then you should really consider getting in touch.
In return, the successful candidate will be joining a branch with big plans and a clear strategy to tackle FY20 and beyond. If your goal is to continue to grow your career and track towards further management or even Branch Operator roles this is for you.
Please note a full pre-employment medical and drug test will be required as well as the legal right to work in NZ indefinitely.