We currently have a vacancy for a Transport Coordinator at our Iplex Albury site. Reporting to the Distribution Manager, you will provide high-level load planning, fleet management and delivery service to achieve DIFOT and ultimately a great customer experience with Iplex.
This role requires you to build a strong partnership with freight providers where you will lead provision of safe and efficient freight services to support outbound freight, collects and inter site transfers.
You will also need to establish and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external customers, sales, planning and inventory teams, and assist with effectively resolving any concerns.
You will be required to assist in the review of all procedures relating to the safe operation of fleet and compliance through the delivery task stream, demonstrating adherence to Chain of Responsibility (COR) requirements, fleet maintenance and servicing, and compliance with legislative and Iplex system Health and Safety requirements.
Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Organise cost effective daily load plans and vehicle/driver allocation to ensure best delivery coverage for customer deliveries, interstate site transfers and project works
- Work with the freight providers to manage performance of established standard fleet provision and compliance, driver performance, safety compliance including COR and training, safety incident reporting and management
- Investigate and analyse DIFOT misses and develop specific action plans to address misses
- Comply with the Iplex Safety System policy and procedures, implement and maintain AS4801 requirements for Safety Calendar events and audit system requirements relating to freight service provision
- Conduct regular Safety Leader WALKs for safety focussed face to face time with employees out in the workplace and freight providers
Working with a variety of stakeholders both internally and externally, you will need to have a strong customer focus and display excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
In addition, you will have the following skills and experience:
- 3 to 5 years of similar logistic/distribution experience within the manufacturing industry
- Flexibility, adaptability and experience within a fast-paced working environment
- Exceptional time management skills, sense of urgency and strong problem-solving skills
- Exceptional Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Familiarity with WMS – JD Edwards experience preferred but not necessary
- Current Forklift licence
This is an opportunity to take up a key role with a manufacturing and distribution leader. You will be working with a positive, motivated team, with a strong focus on safety. We offer a supportive working environment with a great career development platform, and on-going opportunities both within Iplex Pipelines and with the Fletcher Building Group.
Iplex Pipelines is the largest manufacturer and supplier of pipeline systems in Australia. We manufacture and distribute pipe products ranging in size from 15mm up to 3000mm, for applications including water, sewerage, mining slurry, gas, telecommunications and electrical conduits.
Since 2011, Iplex has been a member of the ASX listed Fletcher Building Group; a global company focussed on building and construction activities. Fletcher Building today employs over 16,000 people in New Zealand, Australia and the South Pacific. The Fletcher Building operations span manufacturing, distribution and retail, home building and major construction and infrastructure projects.
Iplex with the support of Fletcher Building are committed to attracting the best available talent, developing the capability of our people, and creating highly engaged and high performing teams who delivery great results for our customers.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt so do not hesitate and apply. This role may close sooner if we find the right candidate.