Higgins (part of the Fletcher Building Group) is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. Many people have built great careers with Higgins over the last 50 years. As a member of the Higgins Green Team that opportunity is open to you as we work, grow and have fun together building tomorrows New Zealand.
About the role
We have permanent full-time positions based at our Hamilton branch. We are in need of a professional driver, preferably with experience in carting Asphalt, metal and/or spoil. We are also looking for a Transporter driver, Bulk Tank driver and a Tipper driver. If you have experience and the correct licences, we want to hear from you!
• Solid experience in the driving heavy trucks, with road ranger transmission
• Class 5 licence is a must
• Good mechanical understanding of trucks and maintenance
• Commitment to a high standard of Health & Safety
• A reasonable level of physical fitness
• Self-motivation, a positive attitude and the ability to think for yourself
• Be a reliable, honest and flexible team-player
What we offer:
• Competitive Hourly Rate
• On-going training and development
• Fletchers Benefits Programme, including discounted health insurance, family scholarships & share schemes.
How to Apply Click the Apply Button
Higgins Contractors is committed to providing a safe and drug free work place. The successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to commencement of employment.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.