Mico Plumbing and Bathrooms, a division of Fletcher Building Ltd, is New Zealand’s leading specialist supplier of plumbing and bathroom products to trade, retail and commercial customers with a reputation for quality and customer satisfaction.
Our large Penrose Distribution site services our Auckland metropolitan, regional & national customers with hundreds of deliveries of Mico products every day. In addition, our Distribution Centre team also manage distribution for Humes & Oliveri products (Fletcher Building businesses). Our staff are integral part of our success and play a key role in providing the highest level of service to our customers.
We are seeking a motivated warehouse operator to join our busy team and help exceed customer expectations. We are committed to training and developing our people so if you have an interest in logistics and distribution and have a desire to learn and challenge yourself, then we would love to hear from you.
Day to day you will be working in either
• Dispatch team - picking, packing and dispatching products, or
• Inbound team - devanning containers, loading/unloading, checking inbound deliveries and receipting
To be successful you will need
• A good level of physical fitness and safe work practices as there is manual handling involved
• Hold a Full Class 1 Driver's licence
• Have sound communication and numeracy skills with good attention to detail
• A forklift licence with F endorsement would be beneficial (but not essential)
• You will also need to pass a pre-employment medical which includes a drug screen.
We have a lot going on at once so we are looking for someone who is enthusiastic and reliable, thrives in a fast-paced environment but can remain calm under pressure and work autonomously as well as with the team, to achieve our goals. Don’t worry if you don’t have all the skills yet, we are willing to train the right person who has a willing attitude and is ready to work.
This is a full time permanent position and hours are Monday to Friday 6.00am – 2.30pm or 8.00am - 4.30pm (with the occasional Saturday depending on workload and the team you are placed in). Overtime is available during peak times.
A few benefits
• Staff Discount Card for Mico and PlaceMakers
• Subsidised Medical Insurance
• Employee Education Fund - subsidised education and training to employees and their dependants
• Learning Academy – an award-winning learning academy to support your career development
• FBuShare – the opportunity to purchase shares and financially be a part of the business you work for.
You will be contributing to a fun, focused team and be joining a well-respected New Zealand business who offer a range of benefits and opportunities for career advancement.
Please apply online at fbcareers.com and quote reference MCO/10032426. Applications close Sunday 26th January.
Applicants for this position should have NZ Residency or a valid NZ Work Visa. You’ll need to provide us with referees that you have directly reported to that can speak of your great work ethic and reliability.