Help us build New Zealand! PlaceMakers is New Zealand's leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s commercial and residential construction markets. Part of New Zealand’s largest listed company, Fletcher Building, we employ more than 2,100 people in over 60 locations across the country and stock more than 100,000 product lines from concrete to paint and plasterboard.
If you love working in a fast-paced team environment with lots of variety then this could be your opportunity to really make an impact with our fabulous Mangawhai team!
You’ll lead and develop our vital front line team and be responsible for driving excellent service delivery to our building and trade customers when they come through our yard and drive thru/pick up area. This is a permanent role working 7am – 5pm Monday to Friday and every second Saturday.
A typical day will include -
- Inventory and stock management with the use of continuous improvement techniques
- Drive a positive and engaged team culture
- Set realistic and measurable goals for the team
- Manage disciplinary matters when required
- General maintenance to ensure Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality requirements are exceeded
- Staff rostering, work allocation and ongoing training/development of 3 team members
We are looking for someone with a passion for leadership, who is highly motivated to make decisions and take action to continuously improve performance and safety measures for the team. In addition to this, can also possess the following -
- Proven people leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to motivate/influence the team
- Intermediate computer skills
- Full driver’s licence
- Forklift driving experience and a valid F Endorsement would be a bonus but not essential
- Knowledge of building products/supplies is essential
- Physically fit and enjoy working both inside and outside
- Proactive and able to think on your feet under pressure
- Must have a minimum of 5 yrs experience within warehousing or distribution
What's on offer?
Here at PlaceMakers you will have the ability to create lasting relationships and contribute to the success of our business. We offer amazing training, development and progression opportunities plus a competitive rate and lots of staff benefits so you're in good hands with us!
We have some amazing success stories of people who have shown commitment to work hard and they have gone on to achieve incredible things.
Could you be our next success story? Apply now!
Please note a pre-employment medical, including drug test is required as well as the legal right to work in NZ indefinitely.