Help us build New Zealand! PlaceMakers is New Zealand's leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s commercial and residential construction markets. Part of New Zealand’s largest listed company, Fletcher Building, we employ more than 2,400 people in over 60 locations across the country and stock more than 100,000 product lines from concrete to paint and plasterboard.
If you love working in a fast-paced team environment with lots of variety then this is your opportunity to really make an impact within our brand new Warkworth Branch that opens in September!
You’ll lead and develop our vital front-line team and be responsible for driving excellent service delivery to our building and trade customers when they come through our yard and drive thru/pick up area. This is a permanent role working Monday - Friday with a requirement to work one Saturday every third weekend.
A typical day will include -
- Inventory and stock management with the use of continuous improvement techniques
- Effective fleet and logistics management to meet DIFOT targets cost-effectively
- General maintenance to ensure Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality requirements are exceeded
- Staff rostering, work allocation and ongoing training of staff
We are looking for someone with a passion for leading a team, who is highly motivated to make decisions and take action to continuously improve performance and safety measures. Ideally, you've been in the building industry and offer a fair bit of knowledge in regards to products, site safety and the challenges our customers face.
In addition to this, you also possess the following -
- Hands-on leadership skills to ensure that the team exceeds our customers’ expectations
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to motivate/influence the team
- Proficient computer skills
- Full driver’s licence (Essential)
- A valid F-endorsement and Forklift driving experience (Advantage)
- Physically fit and enjoy working both inside and outside
- Proactive and able to think on your feet under pressure
What's on offer?
Here at PlaceMakers you will have the ability to create lasting relationships and contribute to the success of our business. We offer amazing training, development and progression opportunities plus a competitive salary and lots of staff benefits so you're in good hands with us!
It's not often we open a brand new branch, so come on this exciting journey with us as we grow our people and business. Apply now!
Please note: A pre-employment medical, including a drug test is required as well as the legal right to work in NZ indefinitely.