An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Drainage Foreperson to come and join our Higgins Green Team in the stunning location, Wairarapa. The region offers a beautiful environment where it is easy to manage a work-life balance, short commutes, excellent facilities and a welcoming family-orientated community.
As the foreperson, your role is to plan and supervise our Teams to deliver on their day to day activities, strengthening the Higgins brand within the industry by demonstrating a customer centric approach to how our Teams deliver on what we do best – roading and infrastructure.
• Complete daily H&S documentation and ensure internal processes are followed
• Complete daily quality assurance documentation
• Ensure daily productivity targets are met
• Crew Development – Training of staff on all aspects of drainage construction work
• Ensuring plant and equipment is maintained
• Being part of the team and leading by example
It goes without saying you will have:
• Drainage experience (Foreperson level)
• Proven track record of water reticulation and sewer infrastructure installation
• Experience with infrastructure renewals in the road reserve and dealing with traffic management requirements
• Experience in pipe bursting technologies is advantageous
• Strong hands on leadership skills, working with a team of enthusiastic and energetic construction staff
• Knowledge of materials, methods and tools involved in drainage works
• A strong understanding of industry best practice, QA and health and Safety
• You’re self-motivated with a positive attitude and the ability to think for yourself
• A reasonable level of physical fitness due to the physical nature of the role
• Drainage Qualification (Registered/Certified Drainlayer and/or Level 4 Water Reticulation)
• Full Class 1 driving licence is a must with Class 2 or 4 truck licence advantageous
• WTR endorsements and ability to operate an excavator is also advantageous
In return we offer:
• A competitive remuneration
• A company vehicle
• As a Higgins employee you will have access to Fletchers Benefits Programme and unrivalled career development opportunities
• An opportunity to work in a dynamic and progressive organisation
Higgins (part of the Fletcher Building Group) is a leading roading and civil infrastructure construction company in New Zealand. Many people have built great careers with Higgins over the last 50 years. As a member of the Higgins Green Team that opportunity is open to you as we work, grow and have fun together building tomorrow’s New Zealand.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
If this opportunity is ticking your boxes, then don’t wait, apply online today!