Class 5 Truck & Trailer Driver
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/16586
- Closing Date:31 Oct 2021
We have opportunities available for experienced Class 5 Drivers to join the Higgins “Green Team” in Masterton.
As an experienced Driver you will be confident loading various mobile plant, you will have a clean driving record, be courteous and know what good looks like when it comes to safety and demonstrate this at all times.
These are not just driving roles, we expect you to get hands on, operating plant and getting dirt on your boots when required.
These roles are key in enabling our Teams to deliver on what we do best – roading and infrastructure.
If you are looking for your next challenge, then this is what we think you will need to be successful in this role:
• Full clean manual driver’s license (Class 4/5 preferred incl WTR)
• Roading and Infrastructure experience
• Strong focus on health and safety not only for yourself, your colleagues but also the public
• Self-motivated with a positive attitude and the ability to think for yourself.
• A reasonable level of physical fitness due to the physical nature of the role
• Be a reliable, honest and flexible team-player.
In other words, we want someone who is reliable, will turn up on time every day with a positive safety focussed attitude!
What we offer:
• Guaranteed hours
• Competitive hourly rate
• On-going training and development
• Fletchers Benefits Programme, including discounted health insurance, family scholarships & share schemes and lots more!
Higgins (part of the Fletcher Building Group) is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. Many people have built great careers with Higgins over the last 60 years. As a member of the Higgins Green Team that opportunity is open to you as we work, grow and have fun together building tomorrows New Zealand.
Higgins Contractors is committed to providing a safe and drug free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to commencement of employment.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity Apply today!