- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/16725
- Closing Date:31 Oct 2021
We have opportunities available for Operators and Labourers to join the Higgins “Green Team” in Kapiti.
We are looking for Operators with skills to operate construction machinery such as excavators, motor graders, compaction rollers, pneumatic rollers, water carts and front-end loaders.
Our Operators and Labourers undertake general designated tasks onsite within defined teams, they are pro-active, and safety focussed and enjoy working for an organisation where hard work is recognised and where they can build a career and not just do a job.
Your role is key in enabling our Teams to deliver on what we do best – roading and infrastructure.
If you are looking for your next opportunity, then this is what we think you will need to be successful in this role:
• Full clean New Zealand manual driver’s license Class 1-4, WTR (desirable)
• Roading and Infrastructure experience
• Strong focus on health and safety not only for yourself, your colleagues but also the public
• Self-motivated with a positive attitude and the ability to think for yourself
• A high level of physical fitness due to the physical nature of the role
• Be reliable, honest and a flexible team player
What we offer:
• Unlike other jobs we offer a guaranteed 40 hour week, regardless of the weather. That’s right, consistent take home pay!
• You’ll become part of Fletcher Building Group which comes with its own set of perks such as discounted fuel (think of those savings!) and staff purchasing for you and your family!
There’s heaps of learning opportunities because your ongoing career development is important to all of us. We’ll even put together a training plan for you to work towards.
If you’re not afraid of hard work, passionate about machinery and keen to learn then we’d like to hear from you. Click apply now to submit your application today!
Higgins (part of the Fletcher Building Group) is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. Many people have built great careers with Higgins over the last 60 years. As a member of the Higgins Green Team that opportunity is open to you as we work, grow and have fun together building tomorrows New Zealand.
Higgins Contractors is committed to providing a safe and drug free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to commencement of employment.