This is a great time to be joining the Higgins Green Team. We are excited by the opportunities and investment in the industry and need someone who is just as excited to get involved on the journey!
We are currently looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join our Wellington team to work on the financial and commercial aspects of roading and civil infrastructure projects.
In this role, you will be involved in all financial and commercial aspects of the project by assisting the Project Managers and Project Controls Manager in the correct delivery of works focusing on procurement, claims, change management, programme, forecasting and risk management across all major projects.
Then this is what we think you will need to successfully deliver to the business and our customers:
• A minimum of 4 year’s post qualification industry experience in the civil engineering sector
• Knowledge of proprietary estimating and programming software programmes (Benchmark, Candy or similar)
• A formal qualification in Engineering, Quantity Surveying or similar
• High level of MS Excel and MS Project skills
• Experience with NZS 3910 & Construction Contract Act
• A team player with great communication skills both oral and written
• Strong organisational skills with attention to detail
• Commitment to the highest standards of health and safety
• Self-motivated with a positive attitude and goal oriented
What we offer:
• As a Higgins employee you will have access to Fletchers Benefits Programme which includes discounted health insurance, family scholarships, share scheme, discounted fuel and many more!
• A competitive salary package
• An opportunity to work in a dynamic and progressive organisation and unrivalled career development opportunities
Higgins (part of the Fletcher Building Group) is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. Many people have built great careers with Higgins over the last 60 years. As a member of the Higgins Green Team that opportunity is open to you as we work, grow and have fun together building tomorrows New Zealand.
Higgins Contractors is committed to providing a safe and drug free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to commencement of employment.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
If this opportunity is ticking your boxes, then don’t wait, apply online today!
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga