About Laminex Australia
We’ve been a part of the iconic Australian design landscape for over 85 years. Only a few short years after Australian’s fell in love with Vegemite, families were spreading their toast in kitchens and on tables made by us. We’ve come a long way.
Today, you’ll see Laminex on surfaces everywhere you look - be it hospitals, shopping centres, restaurants or your home. We manufacture and procure a broad range of products for commercial and residential use such as laminate, engineered stone and veneers so that all Australians can live in beautiful, practical spaces.
About the Role
Due to an internal promotion we are advertising this role again. You will act as the key lead responsible for all forecasting activities associated with our customers and products in their portfolio. Essential you will work across sales, marketing and inventory to gather forecast information, interpret and provide a base for future commercial decision making. This role is a contract role until December 2021
Key focuses & responsibilities will include:
- Develop forecasts at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of the demand planning function
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data and evaluate forecast results
- Reconcile significant variances (internally and externally) and refine the forecast model to reflect updated assumptions
- Interact with sales, marketing and key customers to understand demand forecast drivers
- Closely coordinate and communicate Demand Plans with key stakeholders
Given the current climate and the fact you will be working between varying business group you must have the ability to work with ambiguity and be a self starter. Above all we need attention to detail as the integrity of data defines the project itself.
We are after the following experience, skills & traits:
- At least 5 years of related work experience in supply chain/demand and supply planning/inventory management (ideally within FMCG/manufacturing space)
- Demonstrate competence in analytics (numeric/data processing and interpretations)
- Knowledge on forecasting system/software is an advantage
- Good planning and execution skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with both internal and external customers
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Requires analytical, decision making and presentation skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
In return you’ll be joining one of Australia’s most dynamic and respected brands and working within a team that will provide on-going support and guidance. We’re a part of the Fletcher Building Group, with operations in Australia and New Zealand. The Fletcher Building family is a global community of people who celebrate each other’s experience, skills and individuality to create amazing work. With that, comes a lot of opportunity.
Come and build your career with us.