We are looking for Driver Class 2 Operators with skills to operate construction machinery to join our team in Levin.
We would expect you to have a solid understanding of construction plant and equipment, be able to follow procedures, operating instructions and work schedules safely.
Our Operators and Labourers undertake general designated tasks onsite within defined teams, they are pro-active, and safety focussed and enjoy working for an organisation where hard work is recognised and where they can build a career and not just do a job.
Your role is key in enabling our Teams to deliver on what we do best – roading and infrastructure.
If you are looking for your next opportunity, then this is what we think you will need to be successful in this role:
• Full clean New Zealand manual driver’s license Class 1-4 (WTR an advantage)
• Roading and Infrastructure experience
• Strong focus on health and safety not only for yourself, your colleagues but also the public
• Self-motivated with a positive attitude and the ability to think for yourself
• A high level of physical fitness due to the physical nature of the role
• Be reliable, honest and a flexible team player
What we offer:
• Competitive Hourly Rate
• Full-time, permanent position with guaranteed 40 hours a week plus overtime as required
• On-going training and development
• Access to the Fletcher Building Benefits Programme, which includes discounted health insurance, family scholarships, share schemes, discounted fuel & products just to name a few for you and your family to enjoy!
Higgins (part of the Fletcher Building Group) is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. Many people have built great careers with Higgins over the last 60 years. As a member of the Higgins Green Team that opportunity is open to you as we work, grow and have fun together building tomorrows New Zealand.
Higgins Contractors is committed to providing a safe and drug free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to commencement of employment.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity Apply today!