Together, let’s build New Zealand! The New Zealand Distribution Division brings together our retail and distribution chains and operates as New Zealand's leading and largest supplier of building materials to the local commercial and residential construction markets.
We continuously strive to be the best building, plumbing and bathroom partner in the market and take pride in providing the highest level of service to our customers. To continue to support this, we are seeking an experienced Category Manager to continue to develop our Building, Plumbing and Bathroom product offer to the market.
You will manage end-to-end procurement and merchandise processes whilst developing and executing category strategies encompassing promotion through multiple channels. You will develop superior supplier relationships and foster exceptional internal and external relationships with stakeholders.
This role demands an absolute passion to drive the category strategy to outstanding levels of performance. You will be a self-starter with a commitment to high performance and a propensity to build strong stakeholder and supplier partnerships. Other key skills and experience we will be looking for:
- Proven experience in end to end strategy writing from research to action planning
- Direct procurement expertise ideally in a retail or trade environment
- Experience in strategic sourcing within a large and complex organisation
- Involvement in developing promotional campaigns in retail environments and on a national scope
- Highly effective influencing, negotiation and persuasion skills along with demonstrated capability for decision making, sound judgment and assertiveness
- Proven ability to manage workload in order to meet timeframes
- Strong analytical skills with key attention to detail
While knowledge and experience in the plumbing industry would be an advantage, if you can demonstrate your ability to drive excitement around the category, you will be considered for the role.
Whats in it for you?
This is an opportunity to work with a team that continues to move forward as part of a progressive organisation which offers individuals the opportunity to be challenged daily whilst providing lots of opportunity to grow further. In this job, you will gain solid and robust experience relating to best practice procurement methodologies for one of New Zealand’s largest organisations.
In return, you will receive an attractive remuneration package, generous staff buying privileges, discounted medical insurance, free parking, and other exciting benefits that come with being part of the wider Fletcher Building group.
If this sounds like you please dont hesitate and Apply Now! If you have any questions please do feel free to reach out directly to Jenna Roake on 0276414052.