This is a great time to be joining the Higgins Green Team. We are excited by the opportunities and investment in the industry and need someone who is just as excited to get involved on the journey!
With new and existing projects across the Wellington area we have an opportunity for a seasoned Project Manager to join our Wellington team.
The role will involve, being responsible for providing expertise as a civil construction Project Manager where you will develop efficient work teams to deliver projects on time and within budget.
You’re competent at constructing, reviewing, and challenging tender submissions while building and maintaining strategic relationships with key stakeholders. This role will be responsible for integrating methodologies and desired outcomes with stakeholders and the design and construction teams.
Then this is what we think you will need to successfully deliver to the business and our customers:
• A formal civil engineering qualification (BE, NZCE)
• A minimum 7+ years’ experience in civil construction /roading ideally within a large construction/multi project environment
• Experience in complex and/or large-scale projects
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Ability to develop and build long term client and stakeholder relationships
• Strong financial acumen
• Being adaptable, flexible, and having the capacity to cope with multiple issues
• Computer savvy in Microsoft Word, Excel and Project and previous experience using RAMM
• Commitment to the highest standards of health and safety
• The ability to lead and motivate teams to meet targets and objectives
What we offer:
• Competitive salary package
• As a Higgins employee you will have access to Fletchers Benefits Programme which includes discounted health insurance, family scholarships, share scheme, and many more!
• Unrivalled career development opportunities
• An opportunity to work in a dynamic and progressive organisation
Higgins (part of the Fletcher Building Group) is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. Many people have built great careers with Higgins over the last 60 years. As a member of the Higgins Green Team that opportunity is open to you as we work, grow and have fun together building tomorrows New Zealand.
Higgins Contractors is committed to providing a safe and drug free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to commencement of employment.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
If this opportunity is ticking your boxes, then don’t wait, apply online today!
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga