PlaceMakers is New Zealand's leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s commercial and residential construction markets. Part of New Zealand’s largest listed company, Fletcher Building, we employ more than 2,100 people in over 60 locations across the country and stock more than 100,000 product lines from concrete to paint and plasterboard.
PlaceMakers continuously strives to be the best building partner in the market and takes pride in providing the highest level of service to our customers. Our motto is that no one is easier to do business with. In line with this, we want to deliver our projects in an efficient manner that exceeds the expectations of our customers. To support the growing demand in the business, PlaceMakers Frame & Truss Christchurch is looking to take on an experienced Detailer to join the team.
About the Role:
• This role has you reporting to the head detailer and will involve the following
• Interpretation of architectural plans and producing detailed frame & truss drawings, using MiTek software.
• Visit the site if required
• Liaise with builders, other employees, other customers and PlaceMakers staff
• Ensuring that all truss detailing and wall frame detailing is accurate, provided in a timely manner, and to the highest possible standard.
To be a successful applicant, you must have a minimum of three years’ experience in detailing and you must have a strong ability to read and interpret plans, quantify trusses, frames, and other components involved. Sound knowledge of NZS3604_2011 and MiTek software.
Other skills and experience required:
• You will need to be well organised to be able to juggle a number of tasks at any one time
• You will be service-driven and solution-oriented to ensure tasks are completed efficiently
• You will have strong work ethic and have the ability to work autonomously
• You will have strong communication skills to effectively communicate plans and progress
• You will have high attention to detail maintaining a good level of accuracy in your work
• You must be systems savvy ideally with the previous experience in MiTek 2020
What’s in it for you?
This role will see you working on a wide variety of projects expanding your portfolio. Being part of the Fletcher Building group, we offer a wide range of benefits include discounts on health insurance, banking, fuel, employee education fund and additionally, you will be a part of great team with a supportive and inclusive culture.
Apply now to fast forward your career as part of a well-regarded business which values its staff as its biggest asset. Please quote job number PMK/17742