Regional Laboratory Manager
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/17765
- Closing Date:31 Oct 2021
We are currently looking for a Regional Laboratory Manager to manage our multi-disciplinary construction materials Laboratory located in our brand-new purpose-built laboratory facility in beautiful Napier, Hawkes Bay.
Reporting to the National Testing and Product Support Manager, you will be an experienced Laboratory Manager with strong technical, commercial, and operational experience. The laboratory services Higgins projects and manufacturing facilities located in the Central North Island including bitumen, aggregates, soils, and hot mix asphalt.
- Management of all aspects of the Laboratory and daily operational functions
- Proactively develop operational relationship with internal and external clients
- Administration of the Quality Management System (ISO 17025) developed for laboratory and field sampling, testing, and inspection processes and controls, with ability to obtain IANZ Signatory on full scope of testing
- Develop employees through coaching and training
- Provide daily and monthly commercial reports to all project stakeholders
What you'll bring to the role:
- At least 5+ years’ work experience in a leadership or management role in a laboratory environment, preferably in the civil engineering field
- You’re a detail oriented, well organised person with the ability to prioritize, coordinate and simultaneously maintain multiple projects
- You’re an excellent communicator both verbally and written and a person who can build long standing relationships
- Experience of managing direct reports with a coaching and influencing emphasis
In return we offer:
- A competitive remuneration, and company vehicle along with Fletchers Benefits Programme, including discounted health insurance, family scholarships & share schemes and lots more!
- Learning and development opportunities
- An opportunity to work in a dynamic and progressive organisation
As a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga