Stramit Building Products - A member of the Fletcher Building Group sits alongside trusted names in the building and construction industry including Laminex, Tradelink and Iplex Pipelines.
Stramit is directly linked to providing quality rolled formed steel into residential, commercial and industrial construction projects. We also design and manufacture a leading range of retail and agricultural steel solutions. Stramit only use the highest grade Australian steel, we have major manufacturing and distribution facilities across Australia supported by cutting edge product development and R+D.
Operating in Australia for over 100 years – we are backed by a global giant.
You will play a vital role in the safety, efficiency and profitability of our Hobart facility. As a Forklift Operator you will be responsible loading finished goods and driving heavy vehicles.
Our business is fast moving and customer focused, we design and build everything to detailed customer specification and pride ourselves on service and quality. We are currently experiencing a surge in demand and you will contribute to the ongoing growth of the business.
• A strong focus on safety and continuous improvement
• Current forklift licence with strong forklift operating skills
• HR truck licence is a must
• Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
• A willingness to help the team in all possible ways
What’s in it for you?
• Work-life balance – Work day shift hours, close to home in Hobart
• Free parking on site – Ample staff parking available on site
• Corporate Discounts – Fletcher Building has a range of fantastic corporate discounts
• FBuShare – a share scheme allowing you to feel ownership of the business in which you work
• Learning Academy – An award-winning learning academy and operational excellence program supporting your career development
• Progression – We are part of the Fletcher Building group with more than 5,500 people across Australia
We are committed to providing a safe work environment with a focus on quality and providing future opportunities to develop your skills and experience.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.
Please note: Our recruitment process will include a phone screen and a formal interview. The successful candidates also will be required to undergo a medical and drug / alcohol assessment and will be able to demonstrate unlimited working rights in Australia.