We are busy with lots of ongoing / new work and are looking for a motivated and experienced Barrier Supervisor to plan and supervise the safe, successful day to day activities of the Barrier Crews.
You will lead the delivery of work in a profitable and efficient manner whilst complying with all appropriate legislation/standards, company policies and procedures and industry best practice. While continuously improving our service to build on the Higgins brand within the industry and the community
As a strong communicator, you will be pro-active with excellent problem-solving abilities and a safety focussed mindset. If you currently work in a similar role or a foreperson looking for your next career move, this role may suit you!
• Leading the delivery of work in a profitable and efficient way
• Work closely with internal and external key stakeholders
• Supervising of internal construction and barrier crews and sub-contractors
It goes without saying you will have:
• Experience in road construction / constructing barriers
• Problem solving skills in relation to road construction
• The ability to train and empower your staff
• Experience in cost management regarding material and labour requirements
• Self-motivation with a focus on excellence and continuous improvement
• The ability to cope with change and be able to think on your feet
• A strong focus on health and safety not only for yourself, your team but also the public
• Excellent communications skills both verbal and written and a person who can build long standing relationships
• Full Class 1 licence is a must with Class 2 or 4 truck licence (WTR) advantageous
So, what do we offer?
• A competitive salary + Tool of Trade vehicle
• Fletchers Benefits Programme, including discounted health insurance, family scholarships & share schemes
• Job security and on-going training and development
Higgins (part of the Fletcher Building Group) is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. Many people have built great careers with Higgins over the last 60 years. As a member of the Higgins Green Team that opportunity is open to you as we work, grow and have fun together building tomorrows New Zealand.
Higgins Contractors is committed to providing a safe and drug free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to commencement of employment.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity Apply today!