Asphalt Plant Operator
- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Road Surfacing
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/18207
- Closing Date:30 Jan 2022
This is a great opportunity to step into a busy role with responsibility where you will have plenty of opportunity to upskill and develop.
In this role, you will be looking after the day to day plant operation, receiving, handling and storing materials, assisting with plant maintenance and calibration activities.
What you will need:
• Experience in a production or process environment (asphalt experience will be highly advantageous)
• Experience operating a loader
• Computer savvy with the ability to learn new systems quickly
• Full Class 1 with WTR is a must; Class 2 will be advantageous
• Mechanical and technical aptitude
• Reasonable level of physical fitness, due to the physical nature of the position
• Reliable and positive with a drive to improve
• This role also requires someone who is willing to work flexible hours and Saturday work
What we offer:
• Competitive Hourly Rate
• Full-time, permanent position with guaranteed 40 hours a week plus overtime as required
• On-going training and development
• Access to the Fletcher Building Benefits Programme, which includes discounted health insurance, family scholarships and share schemes.
Higgins (part of the Fletcher Building Group) is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. Many people have built great careers with Higgins over the last 60 years. As a member of the Higgins Green Team that opportunity is open to you as we work, grow and have fun together building tomorrows New Zealand.
Higgins Contractors is committed to providing a safe and drug free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to commencement of employment.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity Apply today!