Senior Laboratory Technician - Silverdale
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/18217
- Closing Date:03 Dec 2021
The Higgins Green Team working in the state of the art IANZ accredited Lab in Silverdale is looking for a Senior Laboratory Technician to join the team.
- Grow and develop in a supportive team
- Hard work is recognised - build a career and not just do a job
- Competitive hourly rate
- Awesome benefits for you and your family to enjoy
- Brand new PPE gear (that’s your own personal protective equipment)
This is not your typical Laboratory Technician roles; you must be willing to get stuck in, get your hands dirty and get to work on the frontline from time-to-time. This can be a labour intensive role with lots of moving around so you’ll also need to be physically fit. On a typical day, you can find yourself sampling stockpiles form Asphalt Plants and quarries and samples of Asphalt. You will be mixing up to 40kg of aggregate with binders and lifting compacting blocks – our moulds are 8-10kg and the Asphalt on top of that is another 5-7kg.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- At least 5 years of proven and extensive laboratory experience, preferably in the civil engineering field
- Tertiary Diploma or equivalent in Construction or Science related field
- Good computer skills including word-processing and spreadsheet skills
- A valid, clean, and current Class 1 driver’s license is essential
- Ability to follow procedures and processes
- Be extremely focussed
- Have immaculate attention to detail
- A willing can do attitude
- Ability to work at night and during weekends when required
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga