Stramit Building Products - A member of the Fletcher Building Group sits alongside trusted names in the building and construction industry including Laminex, Tradelink, Iplex Pipelines and Fletcher Insulation
Stramit provides quality rolled formed steel into residential, commercial and industrial construction projects. We also design and manufacture a leading range of retail and agricultural steel solutions. Stramit only use the highest-grade Australian steel, we have major manufacturing and distribution facilities across Australia supported by cutting edge product development and R+D.
Operating in Australia for over 100 years – we are backed by a global giant.
About the Role:
You will play a vital role in the safety, efficiency and profitability of our site in Orange. The Production Manager leads a small team across 2 shifts in production and distribution. You will work closely with our external transport provider to maximise delivery schedules and provide exceptional customer service. You will be proactive in recommending and implementing improvement initiatives and ensuring housekeeping and safety standards are of the highest level.
Our business is fast moving and customer focused, we design and build everything to detailed customer specification and pride ourselves on service and quality. We are currently experiencing a surge in demand and you will contribute to the ongoing growth of the business.
• Strong safety focus with a proactive approach and the ability to manage any OH&S issue to resolution
• Demonstrated leadership experience in a manufacturing environment, with some knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles
• Strong mechanical and technical aptitude, working in machine-based operations
• Forklift license and fork driving skills, this role requires a hands-on approach
• Production planning and maintenance planning experience
What’s in it for you?
• Progression – We are part of the Fletcher Building group with more than 5,500 people across Australia
• Make your mark – Opportunity to make the role your own within our new structure
• Corporate Discounts – Fletcher Building has a range of fantastic corporate discounts
• Learning Academy – an award-winning learning academy supporting your career development
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.
Please note: Our recruitment process will include a video & phone screen and a formal interview. The successful candidates also will be required to undergo a medical and drug / alcohol assessment and will be able to demonstrate unlimited working rights in Australia.