Are you an experienced Supervisor looking for your next role?
Would you like to work on a variety of high-profile projects?
Operate new state-of the-art equipment?
It’s never been a better time to join Higgins, and with key projects to keep us busy we have an opportunity for a permanent Surfacing Supervisor to manage a skilled surfacing team based in Wellington. If you currently work in a similar role or a foreperson looking for your next career move, we would like to talk to you!
In this role you will be responsible for the planning and supervising of the day to day activities of the Chip Sealing Operation.
• Project plan weekly and daily work schedules
• Ensure all site activity complies with resource consents
• Work closely with your crew, surfacing manager, bitumen and chip suppliers
• Take ownership of site environmental management processes
It goes without saying you will have:
• A strong background in civil / roading construction
• A solid background in bitumen and emulsion chip sealing
• Asphalt machine paving and hand laying knowledge
• Great communication skills, both written and verbal
• A high standard of customer service with a "can do" attitude
• Computer skills with Excel/Word is desirable
• Demonstrator leadership skills
• A passion about Health & Safety
What we offer:
• Competitive salary
• On-going training and development
• Fun, family-oriented company with a great team culture
• Access to the Fletcher Building Benefits Programme, which includes discounted health insurance, family scholarships and share schemes.
Higgins (part of the Fletcher Building Group) is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. Many people have built great careers with Higgins over the last 60 years. As a member of the Higgins Green Team that opportunity is open to you as we work, grow and have fun together building tomorrows New Zealand.
Higgins Contractors is committed to providing a safe and drug free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to commencement of employment.
If this opportunity is ticking your boxes, then don’t wait, apply online today!