Fletcher Easysteel is a major merchant of steel products and services throughout New Zealand. Through a nationwide network of sales centres, it supplies a broad range of world-class brands to the construction, engineering, natural resources and manufacturing industries. We are part of Fletcher Building, a diversified global building industry company.
Based at our Coil Processing Warehouse, on Great South Road, we have established supply channels for a wide range of hot rolled, cold rolled, galvanised, electrogalvanised and coated steel sheet and coil products to supply the sheet metal and manufacturing industry and we are currently on the lookout for an Inventory Controller to join the team. You will provide integral support and communication to the Production & Despatch teams and any off-site storage facilities.
Reporting into the Coil Processing Manager, you will be responsible for the overall inventory management process at our sites and focus on delivering our service commitment to our customers.
Your duties include;
- Responsible for managing our stocktakes and subsequent reconciliations
- Champion the day to day management of key inventory categories
- Liaison between the Production, Sales, Despatch and Supply teams
- Efficiently and effectively manage inventory, quarantine stock, return materials and material claims
- Commitment to continuous improvement and maintenance
- Strong focus on health and safety
The ideal candidate for this position will;
- Have previous stock control or inventory management experience
- Immaculate communication skills both written and oral and good numeracy
- Have intermediate excel skills
- Enjoy working autonomously but thrive in a diverse team culture
- Be comfortable in a Manufacturing environment
- Reliable, punctual and always be willing to offer a hand
In return this role will offer;
- Join a small successful team of people who have knowledge to share
- Develop a strong Inventory career within a challenging and fast-moving market
- Competitive package
- Opportunities for career development that come with being part of the Fletcher Building Group
If this sounds like you then please apply today! Applications will be reviewed as they are received and successful applicants will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to commencement of employment. All applicants should have permanent working rights for New Zealand.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.