Iplex Pipelines NZ is a leading manufacturer and supplier of plastic pipeline systems in New Zealand. We are part of the Building Products Division, within the Fletcher Building Group.
We have an outstanding opportunity for a Laboratory Technician to join our cohesive Palmerston North team. The role will suit someone who enjoys analysis, investigation and problem solving, and who wants to be a key contributor to the quality of one of New Zealand’s iconic building industry brands.
You will be responsible for ensuring Iplex products conform to all relevant standards and requirements by conducting appropriate tests on products as received, as well as investigating customer complaints.
The role reports to the Laboratory Manager & would cover the below responsibilities (at minimum):
- Quality Assurance inspection on incoming moulded plastic fittings & pipeline products.
- Forensic analysis & examination of failed fittings (under lab manager’s supervision) and reporting results.
- Examination/technical assessment of new fittings to support Company’s adjacent growth ambitions.
- Raw Material QA & testing
- Maintaining QA records systematically and traceably – handwritten and/or digital.
- Assisting with day to day laboratory measurement and inspection activity as needed.
- Back-up/cover for key laboratory personnel.
You will need to be able to quickly attain a sound working knowledge of all laboratory procedures and quality processes. As you will be communicating with internal stakeholders and external interests – good interpersonal skills are a must.
What we are looking for:
• Prior experience in a mechanical testing laboratory.
• Mechanically minded.
• Plastics manufacturing/injection moulding background preferred, but not essential.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• IT savvy – experience with writing reports.
• Willingness/aptitude to learn.
• Adaptability in a fast paced manufacturing environment (copes well with change).
• Curious, and not afraid to challenge the status-quo.
In return, being part of New Zealand’s largest listed company, we will offer a range of benefits including on-going training and learning, future career opportunities, guaranteed hours and excellent working conditions.
For your opportunity to make it with Iplex visit www.fbcareers.com and quote reference 18529 to apply now