Proud to be Australian Made
Our products and people shape homes and communities. We’re one of Australia’s leading manufacturers and suppliers of roll formed steel building products – and for good reason.
You will see us on the roofs of iconic buildings and stadiums that span the Australian landscape. Our doors and panels open many commercial and residential builds. Our commitment is on high quality, custom made installations that put our customers unique needs and aspirations at the heart of all we do.
The Stramit difference
Here at Stramit, we are on a growth journey. We’re big enough to give you the all the benefits of a national network but small enough to know our customers first name. We get the job done right, every time – no matter how complex.
We know that great people get things done. Our values guide our decision making, and we know we are all better together. We believe all injuries are preventable and we never walk past – we speak up and take action. Our people share ideas and are encouraged to have a go. We anticipate and create solutions for our customers. We’re on the lookout for an experienced Maintenance Manager.
Key focus & responsibilities
We are seeking an experienced Maintenance Manager to lead the maintenance program across our extensive manufacturing facility in Crestmead. Your role is a pivotal part of the operations leadership group, responsible for safety, maintenance, team leadership and trades/contractor management.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supervision/overseeing of maintenance
- Support the Operational Excellence program
- Support visual management and practice effective communication
- Assist with the review and improvement of standard operating procedures
- Adjust roll forming machines as required to ensure that machines are producing to specification.
- Assist production with abnormality control and problem solving
What we need you to bring to our team
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Manager. You will be a great team player, with a problem solving attitude. You have a commercial mindset and a keen eye for detail. You are not afraid to roll your sleeves up to get the job done. You enjoy making a positive contribution and are a continuous learner. You are an excellent communicator and thrive on building connections internally and externally.
We are on the lookout for:
- Metal or Electrical Trade Certificate.
- Experience with use of Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Minimum 5 years plant experience.
- Detailed understanding of roll forming
- Excellent communication skills – able to communicate effectively across all levels of the business
- Leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong background in business operations preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Strong PC skills – Word/Excel/Outlook
- Ability to prioritise workload, flexible in approach within parameters of business rules/policies
- Ability to think quickly to solve problems within tight time-lines
What is in it for you?
You will be joining an iconic Australian brand that is constantly evolving. With our grit, determination and relentless pursuit for excellence, we are constantly on the lookout for design and innovation enhancements to improve built landscapes. With a team that blends years of experience with youthful curiosity, we are searching for a team player to build our future together.
We commit to:
- Empowering you to shape the transformation of our business;
- Working with you to chase your career aspirations
- Ongoing education and cross functional collaboration;
- FLEXit – our flexible work program that enables you to balance your own work/life priorities
- Diversity & Inclusivity – embracing all backgrounds and ethnicity
If you are ready to join in our transformation during an exciting growth phase and are a proactive Maintenance professional, we encourage you to apply today!