We have a full-time permanent opportunity for a labourer to join our Barrier team based in Kapiti.
What you will be doing?
Ideally, we are looking for someone with experience within the construction / roading industry. You will be actively involved in the construction of the barriers on roads and highways. Experience is not required as training will be provided.
You will be responsible for a wide range of duties including:
• Loading/Unloading and laying out of barrier products
• Working within a team to install barriers
• Ensuring all tools etc are accounted for each day
What you’ll have:
• Minimum Class 1 manual licence (WTR & class 2 advantageous)
• A high level of physical fitness and a willingness to work hard
• A willingness to come to work on time every day
• Reliable, honest team player with a can-do-attitude
• Knowledge of safe work practices
What we offer:
• Unlike other jobs we offer a guaranteed 40 hour week, regardless of the weather. That’s right, consistent take home pay!
• You’ll become part of Fletcher Building Group which comes with its own set of perks such as discounted fuel (think of those savings!) and staff purchasing for you and your family
There’s heaps of learning opportunities because your ongoing career development is important to all of us. We’ll even put together a training plan for you to work towards.
Higgins (part of the Fletcher Building Group) is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. Many people have built great careers with Higgins over the last 60 years. As a member of the Higgins Green Team that opportunity is open to you as we work, grow and have fun together building tomorrows New Zealand.
Higgins Contractors is committed to providing a safe and drug free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to commencement of employment.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity Apply today!