We are on the hunt for an experienced Water Cart Driver & Roller Operator to join our team based in Masterton.
We’re looking for a Class 4 Water Cart Driver and an Asphalt Roller Operator (Double Steer Roller) to add to our growing team. As well as operating these machines, you will assist the team with labouring work as and when needed.
Ideally, you’ll have been in a quarry or civil/roading environment before or worked on heavy machinery with loader or dump truck operator skills. WTR endorsement is a must. You’ll need to be a good listener and more than anything, be health and safety conscious.
Then this is what we think you will need to be successful in this role:
• Minimum full clean Class 2 NZ driving licence including WTR, DG
• Roading and Infrastructure experience
• Strong focus on health and safety not only for yourself, your colleagues but also the public
• Self-motivated with a positive attitude and the ability to think for yourself
• A reasonable level of physical fitness due to the physical nature of the role
• Be a reliable, honest and flexible team-player
What we offer:
• Unlike other jobs we offer a guaranteed 40 hour week, regardless of the weather. That’s right, consistent take home pay!
• You’ll become part of Fletcher Building Group which comes with its own set of perks such as discounted fuel (think of those savings!) and staff purchasing for you and your family!
There’s heaps of learning opportunities because your ongoing career development is important to all of us. We’ll even put together a training plan for you to work towards.
If you’re not afraid of hard work, passionate about machinery and keen to learn then we’d like to hear from you. Click apply now to submit your application or for an informal chat contact Jayne Heron – 027 217 2552
Higgins (part of the Fletcher Building Group) is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. Many people have built great careers with Higgins over the last 60 years. As a member of the Higgins Green Team that opportunity is open to you as we work, grow and have fun together building tomorrows New Zealand.
Higgins Contractors is committed to providing a safe and drug free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to commencement of employment.