Stramit Building Products - A member of the Fletcher Building Group sits alongside trusted names in the building and construction industry including Laminex, Tradelink, Iplex Pipelines and Fletcher Insulation.
Stramit provides quality roll formed steel into residential, commercial and industrial construction projects. We also design and manufacture a leading range of retail and agricultural steel solutions. Stramit only use the highest-grade Australian steel, we have major manufacturing and distribution facilities across Australia supported by cutting edge product development and R+D.
Operating in Australia for over 100 years – we are backed by a global giant.
The primary purpose of this role is to establish an understanding of Stramit’s manufacturing systems footprint and recommend upgrades and improvements. Your role will involve investigating current state and preparing a roadmap to bring manufacturing systems into the most sensible current technology.
You will be given full autonomy to advise and recommend appropriate solutions to upgrade ageing technology into current formats and prepare us for continued future growth.
You will be responsible for:
• Understanding the current technology linked to our manufacturing machines
• Project managing the delivery of a technology roadmap, case studies, business cases and rollout plans for companywide systems upgrades
• Complete SWOT analysis for current systems and risk analysis for potential upgrade options
• Establish the methodology to reverse engineer a modern replacement solution for the Ruraltronic software and identify appropriate vendors / partners
• Developing and participating in programming and commissioning of SCADA, HMI and PLC systems
• Engineering, Systems or Technology based qualifications will be essential
• Experience with project management, technology audits, delivering findings and making recommendations
• Proven exposure to encoding, control systems, PLC, electrical and IT interfaces and capability with a manufacturing / operations environment
• Ability to influence, engage, drive outcomes, gain buy-in and make compelling proposals
What’s in it for you?
• Work-life balance – Work from home or the office or both!
• Progression – This role may extend and see you deliver your plans to national network of manufacturing sites
• Corporate Discounts – Fletcher Building has a range of fantastic corporate discounts
• FBuShare – a share scheme allowing you to feel ownership of the business in which you work
• Learning Academy – An award-winning learning academy and operational excellence program supporting your career development
• We are committed to providing a safe work environment with a focus on quality and providing future opportunities to develop your skills and experience.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.
Please note: Our recruitment process will include a phone screen and a formal interview. The successful candidates also will be required to undergo a medical and drug / alcohol assessment and will be able to demonstrate unlimited working rights in Australia.