Our Australian Made Story
We’ve been a part of the iconic Australian design landscape for over 85 years. Only a few short years after Australian’s became happy little Vegemite’s, families were spreading their toast in kitchens and on tables made by us. We’ve come a long way.
Today, you’ll see Laminex on surfaces everywhere you look - be it hospitals, shopping centres, restaurants or your home, our team spend their day designing products so that all Australians can experience life in beautiful spaces.
How this role will contribute to our Laminex future
One of our core values is Better Every Day. We’re going through an exciting business expansion opportunity & as such, we are looking for a Depot Manager that is ultimately responsible for the end-end management of the depot across sales, operations, people and finance.
Key focuses & responsibilities?
This is a very unique role that requires a hands-on personality, with an entrepreneurial mindset to work within a greenfield environment. Essentially this is a blend of operations, sales and strategy so you must be able to work with ambiguity.
- Driving sales and customer growth
- Overall management of the site, including movement of all goods, people management and leadership
- Customer relationship management
- Establishing a high performing operations & sales team
- Creating and maintaining a safe working space
- Driving Culture
- Support the development of SOP’s and operational framework
- Ultimately act as the subject matter expert of the site
What we are asking you to bring to the team
This is an exciting opportunity for someone that wants to step into a position a provide high impact and value add perspective within a greenfield environment. This role is a fully accountable position, the buck stops at you! This really does require someone with a commercial and entrepreneurial mindset that sees things through to the end.
We are looking for:
- Extensive sales capability
- Experience in Australian Kitchen Market
- Entrepreneurial mindset to be able to navigate through a greenfield environment
- Preferred to have a trade background
- 5-10 years experience within an operational leadership role including P&L ownership
- Strong 3PL/Inventory background
- Ability to work with ambiguity
- Strong computer literacy / ERP exposure
- Strong operational background
- Financial acumen
- Strong desire for continuous improvement and safety
What is in it for you?
You will be joining an entrepreneurial minded business where we are constantly looking at way to advance and develop in a forever changing landscape. With a team focused on innovation, development and success we are looking for someone to build our empire with us. In turn you will feel supported and empowered.
We commit to:
- Ongoing education and cross functional partnering;
- The opportunity to join a dynamic team and have a hand in truly shaping our business;
- Backing you and the vision you have for your career;
- Strong work-life lifestyle balance
If you are ready to Lead with Laminex and join our family at this exciting growth phase and are a proactive thought-provoking leader, you are encouraged to apply today!