Stramit Building Products - A member of the Fletcher Building Group sits alongside trusted names in the building and construction industry including Laminex, Tradelink, Iplex Pipelines and Fletcher Insulation.
Stramit is directly linked to providing quality rolled formed steel into residential, commercial and industrial construction projects. We also design and manufacture a leading range of retail and agricultural steel solutions. Stramit only use the highest-grade Australian steel, we have major manufacturing and distribution facilities across Australia supported by cutting edge product development and R+D.
Operating in Australia for over 100 years – we are backed by a global giant.
You will play a vital role in the safety, efficiency and profitability of our facilities across Australia. As an Electrical Fitter you will be responsible for industrial electrical maintenance on the production and manufacturing equipment critical for our operation. You will be involved in hands-on preventative maintenance, repairs, projects, maintenance planning and contractor management.
Our business is fast moving and customer focused, we design and build everything to detailed customer specification and pride ourselves on service and quality. We are currently experiencing a surge in demand and you will contribute to the ongoing growth of the business.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Having strong safety focus, communication and working in a team
• Addressing any electrical equipment quality issues
• Installing, commissioning and training on various manufacturing machines
• Extend useful equipment life through implementing and sustain the preventative maintenance programs
• Qualified industrial electrician or equivalent
• Experience in machine-based manufacturing environments or equipment
• Willingness to share knowledge and or learn new skills
• Experience with projects, contractor management and intermediate computer skills
What’s in it for you?
• Overtime – you will be the sole electrician, plenty of opportunity to earn overtime rates
• Corporate Discounts – Fletcher Building has a range of fantastic corporate discounts
• FBuShare – a share scheme allowing you to feel ownership of the business in which you work
• Learning Academy – An award-winning learning academy and operational excellence program supporting your career development
• Progression – We are part of the Fletcher Building group with more than 5,500 people across Australia
We are committed to providing a safe work environment with a focus on quality and providing future opportunities to develop your skills and experience.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.
Please note: Our recruitment process will include a phone screen and a formal interview. The successful candidates also will be required to undergo a medical and drug / alcohol assessment and will be able to demonstrate unlimited working rights in Australia.