Help us build New Zealand! PlaceMakers is New Zealand's leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s commercial and residential construction markets. Part of New Zealand’s largest listed company, Fletcher Building, we employ more than 2,100 people in over 60 locations across the country and stock more than 100,000 product lines from concrete to paint and plasterboard.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager the Management Accountant will provide commercial analytical support, data and reporting around sales, costs and operational performance to the PlaceMakers Management Team and the Fletcher Building Group.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist in the preparation of senior executive reports, including monthly board reports
- Assist in the preparation of budgets, forecasts and planning for all cost centres
- Provide deep insights into market share analytics
- Deep dive cost and margin analysis
- Provide regional and branch advice and insights and search for opportunities to improve business performance
We value people who can see the bigger picture and have a desire to improve things, your drive to make a difference will set you apart as well as being commercially astute and having a real passion for what you do.
With strong problem-solving capability and exceptional attention to detail, you’ve gained practical knowledge within both financial and management accounting processes along with having good exposure to accounting packages. Acting as a true business partner, you can build credible relationships at all levels with a down to earth and value-added approach. Needless to say, that your communication skills will be right up there along with your ability to take complex concepts and express them simply.
Skills and experience required for this role:
- Degree qualified
- 3+ years analysis experience
- Proficient computer skills with ability to develop graphs, charts and databases
- Effective prioritisation and ability to deliver to deadlines
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and uses initiative
What's in it for you?
In return, we offer the opportunity to work with a well-known, leading brand, a supportive working environment with a great career development platform as well as a competitive salary package, plus we have an extensive range of benefits that come with being part of the wider Fletcher Building Group.
If you have the above skills and experience and are ready for a new challenge please apply today!
Please note – A pre-employment medical, including drug test is required.
You must also be in NZ and entitled to work indefinitely to apply for this vacancy.