About Laminex Australia
We’ve been a part of the iconic Australian design landscape for over 85 years. Only a few short years after Australian’s fell in love with Vegemite, families were spreading their toast in kitchens and on tables made by us. We’ve come a long way.
Today, you’ll see Laminex on surfaces everywhere you look - be it hospitals, shopping centres, restaurants or your home. We manufacture and procure a broad range of products for commercial and residential use such as laminate, engineered stone and veneers so that all Australians can live in beautiful, practical spaces.
About the Role:
Being one of Australia’s leading manufacturers in the building & interiors industry requires ongoing testing of all product samples to maintain world leading quality standards. As a result, we are seeking a Laboratory Supervisor to lead an already established team at our Ballarat NATA accredited laboratory in role that is built for career progression. Leading a team of 3, the Laboratory Supervisor will manage the safe operation of all laboratory activities to deliver timely and accurate data, for the purpose of providing product performance insights and recommendations.
What GREAT looks like:
- High performance safety culture underpinned by effective documented procedures, optimised processes, training programs and continuous improvement auditing
- Multiskilled laboratory team fully proficient in all relevant test methods to enable fully flexible task allocation
- Optimised laboratory systems & processes to provide timely completion of routine testing and investigation tasks
- Streamlined data collection and reporting systems to optimise resource utilisation and reporting capabilities
- Uninterrupted NATA certification of the Laminex Testing Laboratory
- Compliant testing program to support maintenance of CARB certification
- Active Laminex manufactured product surveillance monitoring program provides data to Operations teams to support continuous improvement activities
- Standardised formal reporting of product fault claims investigation and validation testing
- Skilled technical resources actively utilised on specialist projects, as required
We are after the following experience, skills & traits:
- Tertiary qualifications in Science or Engineering with Chemistry or Materials disciplines
- 5 years’ experience in similar roles with a manufacturing and operations focus
- Knowledge of laboratory systems and process control activities critical to maintaining NATA accreditation
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to report & present complex data to suit all audience types
- Proven data analysis capability to provide meaningful insight
- Successful leadership of high performance teams
- Knowledge of building products industry or other manufacturing environment
- Report & present to all levels of business management
- Maintenance of auditable systems and certifications (e.g. ISO 9001 & NATA certification schemes)
- Facilitating change and actively driving continuous improvement
This opportunity calls for a team player and strict safety obsessed professional. You will be joining a close-knit team that will be there for ongoing support and to help develop your career further. This is an amazing opportunity as it has a career pathway built into it with views of development opportunities already down the track for the right candidate.
In return you’ll be joining one of Australia’s most dynamic and respected brands. We’re a part of the Fletcher Building Group, with operations in Australia and New Zealand. The Fletcher Building family is a global community of people who celebrate each other’s experience, skills and individuality to create amazing work. With that, comes a lot of opportunity.
Come and build your career with us.