We are looking for a motivated Construction Manager to join our team. In this role you will form part of the Leadership Team for the Higgins Napier Branch and you will oversee all construction projects and contracts, including all aspects of commercial and financial performance, client liaison and work programming.
What will you do?
Reporting to the Branch Manager your role will be to identify and manage the branches resource, oversee the procurement of both sub-contractors and suppliers and manage all performance and contractual arrangements. You will also ensure adequate documentation, financial reporting systems and administrative processes are in place while managing risk management processes and procedures.
Our ideal candidate will be able to oversee all management of our resources including risk identification and opportunities and will deliver effective commercial analysis, advice and guidance on work in progress and performance. You will also contribute to the cost management and management of P&L.
To do this effectively we believe you will require the below skills and experience:
• A tertiary qualification preferably in a related industry field (Engineering, or commercial) desirable
• A track record in a commercial role in the civil engineering (preferably roading) or a similar sector
• Understanding of the technical, contractual and financial requirement involved in construction and maintenance type contracts
• A high level of understanding of Resource Planning
• High level communication and relationship management skills
• Ability to lead and motivate a high performing team
• Experience of a financial processes such as budgeting, management of P&L, cost control although the emphasis of this role is commercial as opposed to a purely accounting or financial focus.
• Excellent Excel and Word skills are required as well as knowledge of CRM Systems
What’s in it for you?
The opportunity to grow and develop in a supportive and emerging leadership team, to bring excitement to influence and lead change and of course, great employee benefits for you and your family!
As part of the wider Fletcher Construction Group, we offer a range of initiatives and knowledge that you will be able to leverage off. We have a strong focus on continued learning and development and there will be a range of opportunities for you to take advantage of. As an organisation we are passionate about the safety of our staff and there is continued support for the initiatives you will be required to implement and maintain.
Higgins are a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path building tomorrows New Zealand with people at the heart of what we do every day.
If you want to play a key role in a leading roading and civil infrastructure company with Higgins and Fletcher Construction, please apply directly online
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga