Stramit Building Products - A member of the Fletcher Building Group sits alongside trusted names in the building and construction industry including Laminex, Tradelink, Iplex Pipelines and Fletcher Insulation.
Stramit is directly linked to providing quality rolled formed steel into residential, commercial and industrial construction projects. We also design and manufacture a leading range of retail and agricultural steel solutions. Stramit only use the highest grade Australian steel, we have major manufacturing and distribution facilities across Australia supported by cutting edge product development and R+D.
Operating in Australia for over 100 years – we are backed by a global giant.
You will play a vital role in the safety, efficiency and profitability of our facilities across Australia. As a Maintenance Technician you will be responsible for mechanical maintenance on steel rolling mills critical for our operation. You will be involved in hands-on preventative maintenance, repairs refurbishments and maintenance planning.
Our business is fast moving and customer focused, we design and build everything to detailed customer specification and pride ourselves on service and quality. We are currently experiencing a surge in demand and you will contribute to the ongoing growth of the business.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Based on-site in Knoxfield, VIC covering all production lines
• Preventative and reactive maintenance, ad-hoc projects
• Installing, commissioning and training on various manufacturing machines
• Having strong safety focus, communication and working in a team
• Qualified Fitter or Mechanical certificate or equivalent
• Experience in machine-based manufacturing environments or equipment
• Willingness to share knowledge and or learn new skills
• Any experience in welding, grinding, machining would be advantageous
What’s in it for you?
• Shift allowance – afternoon shift incurs healthy shift allowance
• Corporate Discounts – Fletcher Building has a range of fantastic corporate discounts
• FBuShare – a share scheme allowing you to feel ownership of the business in which you work
• Learning Academy – An award-winning learning academy and operational excellence program supporting your career development
• Progression – We are part of the Fletcher Building group with more than 5,500 people across Australia
We are committed to providing a safe work environment with a focus on quality and providing future opportunities to develop your skills and experience.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.
Please note: Our recruitment process will include a phone screen and a formal interview. The successful candidates also will be required to undergo a medical and drug / alcohol assessment and will be able to demonstrate unlimited working rights in Australia.