We have a career defining opportunity for a National Testing and Product Support Manager to lead the Higgins Laboratory Centres in New Zealand and Fiji.
Higgins recognises and values technical proficiency and excellence as one of its core success factors for both our businesses and our Clients. We are deeply committed to investing and growing our capability as evidenced by our investment in a further two new state-of-the art laboratory facilities in Napier and Auckland to complement our existing six regional laboratories.
The NTPS Manager will be responsible for establishing and implementing best in global class laboratory standards, practices and processes. As well as holding full responsibility for financial performance and business growth, the successful candidate will provide leadership and engineering expertise in the delivery of Higgin’s laboratory, and product support services across the country.
• Lead our national laboratories to deliver efficient testing services to our businesses in each of the markets and regions we operate
• Identify new road construction material design and characterisation methodologies to increase competitiveness through innovation and LEAN
• Proactively develop an efficient operational relationship with internal and external clients
• Support quality delivery and growth of Higgins to meet the economic and technical challenges and demands of the future
• Perform business development efforts to provide diversification, development, and growth of services through new business opportunities and expansion of business with existing clients
• Play a lead role in assisting our leading edge Higgins pavement teams to deliver quality pavement solutions
• Develop employees through coaching and training
• Champion and deliver commercial excellence across all business unit activities
It goes without saying you will have:
• At least 10+ years’ work experience in a leadership or management role in a laboratory environment, preferably in the civil engineering field
• Relevant tertiary qualification in civil / pavement engineering desirable
• You’re a detail oriented, well organised person with the ability to prioritize, coordinate and simultaneously maintain multiple projects
• You’re an excellent communicator both verbally and written and a person who can build long standing relationships
• Experience of managing direct reports with a coaching and influencing emphasis
In return we offer:
• A competitive remuneration, and company vehicle along with Fletchers Benefits Programme, including discounted health insurance, family scholarships & share schemes and lots more!
• Learning and development opportunities
• An opportunity to work in a dynamic and progressive organisation
• An opportunity to be part of a recognised wider industry leading technical management team
Higgins (part of the Fletcher Building Group) is a leading roading and civil infrastructure construction company in New Zealand. Many people have built great careers with Higgins over the last 50 years. As a member of the Higgins Green Team that opportunity is open to you as we work, grow and have fun together building tomorrow’s New Zealand.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
If this opportunity is ticking your boxes, then don’t wait, apply online today! or for more information contact Jayne Heron 027 217 2552 or email: email@example.com