Help us build New Zealand! PlaceMakers is New Zealand's leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s commercial and residential construction markets. Part of New Zealand’s largest listed company, Fletcher Building, we employ more than 2,100 people in over 60 locations across the country and stock more than 100,000 product lines from concrete to paint and plasterboard.
Our motto is that nobody is easier to do business with. The team working in our Yard and Drive Thru are an incredibly important part of this. It’s up to this team to quickly, efficiently and safely help to collect and pack orders and see our customers on their way.
We have a diversity of customers who come through our branch and it’s up to us to make sure we have a team who can support all of them. As a result, we are looking for someone to join our solid team at our Takanini branch to ensure that we are able to continue to pick and pack orders quickly, efficiently and safely and see our busy tradespeople on their way.
Skills and Experience required:
- Previous customer-facing or sales experience
- Good communication skills and accommodating when dealing with customers
- You will be flexible, willing to learn and go the extra mile for your customers, employer and team mates
- You will have good work ethic and a high level of enthusiasm and energy
- You will be a great team player
- Enjoys physical work and a combination of working both inside and outside
- You will pass a drug and alcohol test
- Experience relating to the building industry would be a great advantage
- Experience in forklift driving (and F-endorsement) is highly desirable but if you have a Full Licence then that's a great start!
This is a permanent full time role working Monday to Friday with an occasional Saturday.
What’s in it for you?
A competitive hourly rate will apply together with other fantastic benefits on offer. This is an exciting time to join our journey as we grow our people and business. We will train you and help you to learn all about our products if you're keen to listen, learn and really work out what makes our customers tick, then this is the beginning of a long-term career.
Please note a pre-employment medical, including a drug test will be required as well as the legal right to work in NZ indefinitely.