Trade Assistant and Customer Service - Morrinsville
- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Customer Service
- Business Group:PlaceMakers
- Job Reference:PMK 18907
- Closing Date:13 Oct 2021
Help us build New Zealand! PlaceMakers is New Zealand's leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s commercial and residential construction markets.
If you love working in a fast-paced team environment with lots of variety then this could be for you!
Come and join our vital front-line team at PlaceMakers Morrinsville, where you will be working alongside our Trades Customers. You will be required to work Tuesday to Saturday with rostered hours within the trading hours of the branch.
You will be responsible for delivering excellent service to our customers when they come through our yard and drive-thru/pick up area
• Assisting within our yard area, providing product advice to customers when required
• Picking orders, stock management - monitoring inventory, cycle counts and much more
• Loading of goods onto customer vehicles
• Processing customer orders and transactions
• Assisting as directed to ensure an efficient warehouse is maintained
• Operating a Forklift (Training can be provided)
• The role requires a fair amount of heavy lifting, you will need to be physically fit and have solid Health & Safety values.
• Previous building or warehousing experience would be an advantage, what matters more is your positive attitude and willingness to learn.
• A Full Driver’s Licence is essential due to our F endorsement requirements.
• You will have the ability to create lasting relationships and contribute to the success of our business.
Your energetic, outgoing nature and eye for detail will help you to ensure that our customers are receiving prompt, efficient service and sound advice while keeping safety at the forefront. As a trade-off we offer amazing training and development programmes, a competitive hourly rate and lots of staff benefits so you're in good hands!
This is an exciting time to join our journey as we grow our people and business, you will be joining a well-respected company that will invest in your career.
Please note: A pre-employment medical, including a drug test, is required.