We are currently seeking highly motivated and passionate individuals to join our Rocla Cairns team as Production Team Leader.
We have two vacant positions - one for our Precast team and the other for our Pipe team.
As a Team Leader, you will effectively lead and manage your assigned team to meet safety, operational, people, customer and production performance expectations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supervise the performance of a large team to meet daily production targets and ensure adherence to standard operating procedures
- Lead, motivate and engage team members by applying effective people management processes and practices
- Demonstrate personal commitment to Occupational Health & Safety and the requirements of Zero Harm
- Conduct team members assessments of competence against job standards and criteria
- Build and promote a positive and efficient team environment
- Complete administrative tasks in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure housekeeping and safe work practices are adhered to
- Focus on the continuous improvement of production processes
To be considered for this role you need to be able to meet the following selection criteria:
- Demonstrated experience in leading, coaching and managing teams to meet objectives
- Demonstrated experience in applying modern production and process technology, understand production manufacturing and customer needs across a multi-site environment
- Experience in effective performance management
- Strong scheduling and problem-solving skills including the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain productive relationships with the team and management
- Flexibility to meet business needs, including changing shifts and days as required
- Demonstrate resilience to meet challenging targets and timeframes
This is a great opportunity to join our well-respected business in the manufacturing and building industry! You will be offered a rewarding role in a safety-focused environment, as well as future career opportunities.
Rocla Pty Ltd is a leading Australian supplier of concrete solutions to the building and construction industry. Rocla has been a part of Fletcher Building group since March 2005.
Rocla provides a uniquely comprehensive range of innovative engineered solutions for stormwater piping, pits, headwalls and Box Culverts, sewerage piping and access systems, irrigation, stormwater detention and treatment, rainwater harvesting, water storage, bridging and earth retention, as well as concrete poles, building columns, boardwalks and railway sleepers.
With strong capabilities in product design and development, Rocla can supply standard products, as well as value-added solutions to meet specific customer needs. All products are designed for strength and durability – the hallmarks of the Rocla® brand.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt so do not hesitate and apply. This role may close sooner if we find the right candidate.